Survey of 5000 employees revealed the following workplace annoyances (in order of annoyance):
Top 10 annoyances:
1) The smell of hot food causes offence; i.e. curries & fish dishes.
2) Taking your shoes off at your desk.
3) Personal hygiene – not washing hands in the toilets, clipping toe nails or picking noses at desks.
4) Leaving the kitchen facilities in a messy state.
5) When colleagues take your possessions without asking; i.e. mugs and stationary goods.
6) When workers bring crying babies into the office.
7) The quick-fire spread of idle office gossip.
8) Sending unnecessary emails to colleagues.
9) Co-workers skiving and not putting the required effort in.
10) Use of unnecessary vulgar language.
Watch these bad habits!
Source: Peninsula Business Services, UK, 2013